Feb 21, 2012

Carnevale & things

Sometimes my thoughts are organized and meaningful. Sometimes they are still random and short. Here are some random and short ones.

Its rainy in Sig today

Got my first hair cut here this morning

I love being healthy

I also love chocolate chip cookies (thanks jen!)

I miss home so much

I try to fight the urge to listen to my favorite country songs. They make me miss home even more

I love our dogs. They make life better

I love our new friends. They are awesome

I love traveling & exploring. Sicily is amazing. And this experience will make me better

Reminding myself to set aside my longing for home and look for what is lovely

I actually go for a run sometimes. Linc really likes it

Rob is a pro at making popcorn on the stove. Its awesome.

excited about making my own chalkboard when i find the materials- tutorial. thanks pinterest

I love mornings. I hate rolling out of bed. I would always always always rather stay cuddled in our warm & cozy bed than put my feet on the cold tile floor and get up. But once im up, I love my good morning kisses, coffee, breakfast, talking to the dogs, devotions, couch cuddling, and view of the mountain when its clear

I am looking for jobs and I’m still waiting to hear back about being a volunteer visiting nurse for moms & babies. I hope to get a job here soon but if not, I’m still excited about volunteering

Cant wait to make a trip back to the states. Oh Georgia & Florida…what will I do when I see you again?! Rob has seen so many places and knows so well what its like to come home again. I have never been home sick or returned home after a long time or after a trip to a foreign land! Oh just to see that red georgia clay, the beach in jax, panera, chick fil a, longhorn, pine trees, magnolia trees, blanding blvd (silly I know), my sweet friends and family, and lots of people that speak English…I could go on and on…oh what a day that will be

Moving on…

I went with some friends to Carnevale di Acireale this weekend (Rob had to work). It’s several days of parades & celebration in a town called Acireale. There are huge floats, people dress up with hats/masks/costumes, confetti & silly string EVERYWHERE..very funny..everyone sprays/throws confetti on eachother, lots of music, food, lights, fun!


me & jen in our masks (i kept telling her no one would
know i was an american with my mask on. im pretty sure i was wrong)

eric

brian, chris, kk

jen & phil

in front of a float





it was packed! so glad we went early. the italians really value family & everyone went from old to young. everyone was being silly. i would laugh & politely throw a little confetti towards someone who seemed like they weren't into it...not smiling..i thought they were unarmed... little did i know they were experienced at this carnevale thing and were just waiting to throw a ton of confetti at us or whip out their can of silly string! it was a good day. i'm still finding confetti hidden in random places like my boots & pockets.

now off to clean, organize, browse amazon for some needed things, job search, decide on dinner, & wait for hub to get home :)


No comments:

Post a Comment