Nov 29, 2012

3 weeks old

Carleigh is 3 weeks old today & weighs 8lbs 1oz (she was 6lbs 13oz at birth). She is so perfect! We are still figuring some things & learning each other.

I jotted this down earlier this evening…

Things that make me want to remember this moment:
Having to seriously stretch to grab my lap top to write this because Carleigh is sleeping peacefully & all cuddled up in the crook of my left arm
Sitting here reading a Parenting magazine because, oh my, I'm a parent
My sweet husband, still in his flight suit from work, sleeping on the couch next to me
My awesome Mama in the kitchen making dinner for us because she is actually here in Sicily!
The Christmas lights & red bow wrapped around our tiny tree by the door
This is really my life.





 
I have about 23482398472387 things to write about being a mommy & bringing Carleigh home. But part of being a mommy means I am too exhausted to spend time writing them!
So I will post more later on life with Carleigh.
Still so thankful for my wonderful hub & how much he loves our little girl!
 
& thankful for sweet mommy/baby moments
 

2 comments:

  1. i love seeing you as a mama! you were made for this job!

    ReplyDelete