So thankful for my hard working husband!
Still have more to do to get Carleigh's room ready..but we are having fun making progress :)
Still need to:
Add flowery white sheer curtains over tealish curtains
Add flowery white sheer curtains over tealish curtains
(both were super inexpensive at Ikea..great finds!)
Actually hang curtain rod
Actually hang curtain rod
Hem curtains
Add small brown & teal shelf where cute little white Ikea lamp is (thanks Jen & Phil:))
Hang frames & letters/ribbon (letters for Carleigh's name)
Curtains
26 weeks tomorrow
I'm thinking maybe she will wear this home from the hospital. I can hardly stand the adorable ruffle bottoms. Been trying to add a few warm outfits to our NB/0-3mo things to get ready for winter!
While I was laying in bed this morning & Carleigh was doing flips..I realized I can see my belly move! I watched it over & over while she kicked/danced/did whatever she was doing this morning.
I'm getting so excited at the thought of having her here! We are having fun with the nursery & little clothes, etc.. but we really have everything we need for her already. As much as I love the little decorations & colorful girly things... those things are not important. I hope no one will ever check in here on my blog & browse through the photos thinking I'm one of those mamas who think style/looks/color schemes/material things are a priority. These things are just fun & who wouldn't be excited about getting a room ready for a sweet little blessing like this? But the Lord has blessed us abundantly already with family/friends & a healthy pregnancy.. we have a wonderful support group & all of the necessities (a place for baby girl to sleep/grow/learn, things to keep her warm, a plan for breastfeeding, and diapers..those are important :)) so we are THANKFUL!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thank you to my awesome photographer friends!
& here is the cutest little pig butt you've ever seen :)
I think it's so fun when people get really into decorating and preparing for their baby, as it's so fun to see the photos and be inspired! But I also appreciated your honesty about priorities. You have them straight!
ReplyDeleteCarleigh's curtains look just like the background on your blog... coincidence? :-)