Jan 11, 2015

Catching Up

Ok so it seems that it may or may not have been almost one full year since I posted on my blog! Hey, mamas get busy :)


Our sweet Carleigh Grace is now a big 2 year old who thinks she is much older. She is potty trained during the day & wears pull ups at night. She talks a ton!!! & we can understand most of it. Right now she loves washing dishes (pouring water from cup to cup, drinking some, using her own sponge), taking care of the dogs (feeding them, brushing them, dragging them around by their collars so much I end up taking the poor guys collars off), & playing outside (picking flowers, riding her scooter, playing at the park).

32 weeks

She knows there is a baby in mama's belly named Caleb & he is coming out at some point. She will probably be surprised when the time actually comes! She kisses my belly, rubs it, talks to Caleb, & pokes my belly button a lot.

We have so much to look forward to in 2015! Caleb will be arriving at the end of Feb. This could be a post all in itself, but let's face it, that probably won't happen - the readers digest version is that I will most likely be having a Csection on Feb 24th because the policy at our naval hospital is no VBACs, which means we had a Csection with Carleigh so we have to have one with Caleb. Unless we want to go to an Italian hospital, which we don't. Here is our sweet girl's birth story. (I most certainly cannot read it right now myself or the tears will be flowing) I am thankful that my mama & in laws will both be able to visit us around the time of Caleb's arrival! Don't worry, I will at least post Caleb's birth story, even if it's the only other thing I write in 2015 ;)

Also this year, as we adjust to being a family of 4, we will find out our next set of orders & start getting ready to PCS (move to next duty station). We will be moving sometime around Dec, so we have just about a year left. 3 years down, 1 to go! Our move will be so very bittersweet! Another topic that could be a post all on its own - how God's plans are so much bigger than ours, how thankful I am that He planted us in Sicily for this time, how much Rob & I have grown as believers, parents, spouses, etc.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Eph 3:20-21

The view of Mt Etna on my usual drive to base. We live in a lovely place!

I do plan to write a post on Carleigh's sleep as I try to help her sleep through the night more often. For the most part I have decided to stop reading tons of books and advice on every baby issue ever known to man mama. It relieved a lot of mommy stress for me when I went from trying to apply advice & things I had read, to just doing what felt right. I do still appreciate help from others though, & I read some advice from another mommy online that seemed very fitting to us. And it seems to have had an impact but it has only been a few days so we will keep working on it & I'll share our level of success because it might help someone else. This is the post I read. Very simple & easy advice - wake the toddler just enough to say goodnight when you go to bed yourself to go ahead and break up the sleep pattern they are in, so that they don't wake up on their own later in the night. So more on that later, if you're into that sort of thing :)

Buona notte! Good night! ♡



1 comment:

  1. Love you all, May God keep you all safe and well. Papa

    ReplyDelete